Wednesday 5 February 2014

Little Victories #3

I’m trying to make a lifestyle change here, and that means changing habits of thought as well as upgrading physical function. This tag will record those little moments of triumph that make me proud.

Part of what I’m doing with this project is giving myself gifts. I don’t remember that enough - sometimes exercise and salad just feel like a chore to feed the spreadsheet. Moments like earlier are a great reminder:

I realised that, running late, I had a wider choice of buses these days and, seeing one that was running a little behind schedule that stops quite far (but walkable distance now) from my house, I decided to try it.

It had overtaken me, so I started to run towards the stop. And I ran. And kept running. Holy crap, I wasn’t running out of breath or breaking my legs. I had to pause to let someone pushing a bike by in the opposite direction, and trotted the few yards after that at a fast walk, grinning all over my face.

Of course, the next bus heading to where I’m now trying to get to is stuck in traffic, but that’s a different story...

No comments:

Post a Comment